Creative, visionary leader with 19 years of experience in administrative leadership, coaching, teaching, resources utilization, organizational development, and human resources management in highly competitive public and private sectors. Accomplished professional with a track record for successful project completions in diverse industries of information technology, software, healthcare, military, financial services, product, ecommerce, marketing, and web design. Dedicated and Innovative professional with strong academic background. I like to be proactive, readily accepting and adapting to ongoing change and a determined individual that strives to meet goals and continues to set new goals. Detail-oriented individual with highly professional attitude, strong leadership, problem solving, relationship-building skills and ability to perform well in a team. Highlighted by diverse teaching and other working abilities and accustomed to working with cross-cultural, global teams.
I have worked internationally and have worked with a global team and a few start-ups as well as fortune 500 companies. I am flexible with relocation, international assignment, and travel. I speak conversational Mandarin and Spanish. I am continually working daily on improving my Chinese Mandarin and business skills.
Please watch my introduction video, view my web resume, download my PDF resume or connect with me on Linkedin.
Here below are some of my skills acquired over the past 23 years.
Below are a few highlights in various aspects of my career. They are not the complete and final list of skills I bring to the table.
From a humble beginning to an executive leader.
- Process Change Management
- Project Management in the Corporate Setting
- Lean Six Sigma
- Workflow Automation
- Developing Customizable and Flexible Process Flows
- Skills Gap Analysis
- Project Management
- Product Marketing
- Systems/Product Life Cycle Management
- Program/Project Development
- Marketing and Sales
- PMP Product Management
- Client/Vendor Management
- Deployment Risk Management
- Upgrades Cost/Benefits Analysis
- Team Building/Leadership Information
- Technology Management
- Global Technology Management
- Venture Start-Up
- Course Creation
- Private Coaching
- Teaching/Teacher/ ESL Teacher
- Financial Force
- Public Speaking
- Professional Services Automation
- Service Delivery
- Customer Success
- Human Resource
- Interpersonal Skills
- Customer Retention
- Business Startup
- Organization Development
- Social Media Marketing
- Social Media Networking
- Community Involvement
- Communications Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Time Management Skills
- Technical Skills
- Relationship Building
- Conceptual Skills
- Decision Making
- Problem Solving
- Motivating Skills
- Public Speaking Skills
- Adaptive Leadership
- Crisis Management
- Leadership Traits
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Modern Classroom Technology
- Waste Management
- Change Management Skills
People Management Skills
- Good Communication
- Clear Goals and KPI expectations
- Ability to Relate
- Interest In Others
- Ability To Listen
- Good Judgement
- An Open Mind
- Leadership Skills
- Problem Solving
- Ability to Adapt
- Team Building
- Domain Knowledge
- Providing Feedback
- Relationship Building
Professional background and general information about me.
Travel & Relocation
Flexible for Relocation including International assignment and travel.
ENGLISH EDUCATION SPECIALIST
Beijing, China | 2020 – 2021
Developed curriculum, including lectures, reading materials, and tests, improved students’ classroom performance with one-on-one tutoring. Developed and implemented weekly lesson plans which incorporated technology, hands on experiences and using manipulatives to engage learners. Planning, preparing, and delivering lessons via online methods when required.
DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS
Pure ONE Beauty
Orlando, FL | 2015 – 2020
- Leader of a corporation that manufactures and sell organic and natural beauty products via ecommerce. Accountable for staff of 35 FTEs managed through 3 direct reports. Provided fiscal, strategic, and operational leadership to reduce indebtedness and improve operating results. Revamped internal procedures and controls, reorganized/ reallocated staff and implemented best practices and performance monitoring systems in support of continuous improvement. Responsible for services positioning, scope-of-work creation and subsequent engagement management of training and consulting services offered to the consumer market. Brought the company into the digital space with modern day advertising and marketing via social media and influencer marketing.
- Led Division from years of operating losses to positive earnings, delivering significant improvements every year, culminating with +15% growth in operating earnings in 2017 thus far. Revamped management personnel to build a team capable of delivering sustained organic growth in a zero- s um market.
- Recruit, train, supervise staff of 35. Led marketing efforts, negotiate vendor relationships, contracts, and client accounts. Raised company profit by 15% annually.
- Developed organic programs for customer loyalty and repeat business.
- Negotiated vendor relationships and contracts.
SERVICE DELIVERY MANAGER
Pentaho / Hitachi
Orlando, FL | 2014 – 2017
- Responsible for services positioning, scope-of-work creation and subsequent engagement management of training and consulting services offered to the SMB market. Key duties include working with sales to position the proper services for prospects; creating Statement of Work (SOWs); assignment of resources; and managing engagement. Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills; worked with all levels of staff to understand processes and provide leadership, recognition, and motivation.
- Work with sales to determine the right services for prospects/customers, collect and address prospect/customer needs in service/Statement Of Work definitions, SOW creation and complete processes in SFDC and PSA.
- Staff planning and assignments, maintain consultant skills data base and customer facing profiles of each internal and external consultant, work with partners as required to acquire resources for staff assignments.
- Create and coordinate approvals of Vendor\Subcontractor SOWs, coordinate weekly staff planning meetings with Directors, Establish relationships with partners. Coach and Mentor as well as create mentors for new hire.
- On-boarding of new employees, on-boarding of new sub-contractors, including providing instructions for invoices, expenses, SOWs, and resource inventory. Acquire travel visas for directors and consultants as needed.
- Manage execution of services engagements in accordance with policies and processes; conduct kick-off meetings, produce weekly reports, manage change requests, ensure acceptance of milestones and deliverables, conduct engagement close-out meetings, facilitate the customer satisfaction survey process.
- Ensure all Time and Expenses are reported accurately and in a timely manner, support accounting during project invoicing, validate billing against Project accounting and SOWs, coordinate and manage customer escalations.
SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER
Orlando, FL | 2012 – 2013
- Managed day-to-day project workflow including client communications, project implementation and overseas development team. Outlined initial implementation plan and monitored and tested clients’ projects as they developed.
- Managed communications with internal resources on healthcare reform and healthcare software development.
- Assisted in creation of project documentation, including status reports, project schedules, budgets, and reviews.
- Collaborated with other Project Managers within the team to ensure success and efficient use of resources.
- Developed productive and enjoyable client relationships. Use of SharePoint and Microsoft project.
- Managing exceptionally large projects. This includes project planning, managing the budget and the project team including SOW development, reporting to management, risk management, quality control, interaction with customer, project documentation. Proactive management of risks, issues, budgets, and scope throughout the project life cycle.
DIRECTOR OF PROJECT MANAGEMENT
Power Development LLC
Orlando, FL | 2012 – 2013
- Project Manager responsible for program and portfolio management activities within the Sales and Marketing division. Executed and maintained program management processes and disciplines in the areas of program schedule and quality, communications, human resources, costs, procurement, risks/issues, and change. Mentored staff in methodology and encouraged best practices in project management. and planning. Managed and performed Statement of Work processes and contract creation to secure new and follow- on work. Proactively managed systems development, implementation, and risk through SDLC. Product management and deployment including planning, negotiations, directing and vendor relations.
- Increased company’s growth by securing new partners, consulting engagements, and delivering new projects.
- Spearheaded projects for organizations representing over $100,000 to $40 Million in revenue.
- Document and coordinate activities, prioritizing various demands, define goals and outline approach make adjustments within the constraints set to achieve optimum results.
- Produce technical, financial, business, and economic feasibility studies for project ideas.
- Cooperate in the development of the marketing strategy for the project.
- Plan personnel utilization [determine responsibilities, personnel planning]
- Ensures that total cost levels stay within budget limits that top management sets and resolves financial problems.
- Monitor and regulate the financial expenses of the organization and a consistent review of all the expenses is done every month and discrepancies are justified and explained.
- Built credibility, established rapport, and maintained communication with stakeholders at multiple levels, including those external to the organization.
- Generate reports, coordinates project schedules and supporting the Portfolio Finance Director in preparing analysis to feed into the Group Portfolio Review processes.
- Managed organization’s budget to influence financial profitability while deploying a mobile application.
- Plays a key role in developing the long-term financial goals of a company or organization to ensure a profitable future for the firm.
RELEASE PROJECT MANAGER
- 11- mo n t h contract position in software implementation for Blackberryand iPhone devices.
- Implemented MobileCare, a web application for Blackberry and iPhone.
- Synchronized MobileCare over mobile network and Internet toMcKesson’s primary product, Horizons.
SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER / REMOTE SCCM
Mercy Hospital System
2008 – 2009
- 6-month contract creating centralized data system for all Mercy clinics, hospitals, and health centers. Streamlined data processes and records with McKesson products and Epic Software. Collaborated with 3 other Project Managers to manage Springfield, MO area site team and implement data system at each location, coordinating testing and support.
- File building, documentation, and project management of the McKesson system implementation.
- Increased security by installing advanced encryption software and system updates.
- Doubled as a System analysts when needed for the entire life cycle of the EMR implementation (build, validation).
- Ensure senior Finance leaders are appropriately briefed ahead of key decision points, including the Group CFO and other Finance VPs as required.
- Ensure that all issues/sensitivities are identified, assessed, financially challenged, and transparently communicated to governance bodies.
Hewlett Packard/Kraft Foods
- 3-month contract as Remote SCCM and Desktop Support Analyst. Using System Center Configuration Operations Manager (SCOM) 2007, worked with SCCM packing team to monitor servers and minimize user downtime. Resolved Microsoft Office Communicator issues. Provided user support and training via Aventail VPN remote access. Used Citrix Web Interface and utilized XenApp and Citrix technologies to provide Web access to applications.
- Packaged and deployed 2,000+ unattended application installations. Mobile application to sync with servers.
- Implemented SMS site health plan and assisted with all software pushes. Migrated users to Windows 7 via SCCM.
DESKTOP DEPLOYMENT SUPPORT
- System Deployment Specialist on 3 months contract. Supported HP and Dell products through Track-IT software and responded to customer issues. Maintained user security accounts for Windows 2003 server, including network connectivity, access and inter-connectivity. Installed new Cisco hubs and routers. Created packages with VB Script for image modifications and distributed packages via SMS / SCCM 2007. Re-installed SCCM site via remote for Louisiana relocation.
- Utilized Application Compatibility Toolkit (ACT) to verify compatibility with Windows systems and completed risk assessment.
- Reconfigured SCCM 2007 and OSD including moves for network PCs; performed connectivity and backup. Deployed and imaged both new and used PCs via Windows Deployment Services (WDS).
- Increased security by installing advanced encryption software and system updates.
APPLICATION PACKING CONSULTANT
Star PC Connect
- 6-month contract to create and distribute software packages. Created software images utilizing Windows DeploymentServices. Packaged Corporate Applications using Install Shield Admin Studio 10.5 and SMS installer. Installed andconfigured Oracle 10g Portal. Assisted developers with coding PL/SQL. Migrated users from Windows XP to Windows 7.Installed and configured Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 2010. Utilized Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager(SCCM) for Windows XP and Windows 7 deployments. Assisted users via Remedy ticketing software. Deployed operatingsystems to desktops using SCCM (SMS). Upgraded, configured, maintained, and repaired PC hardware and software.
OWNER/CEO/PRESIDENT, MARKETING PRODUCT MANAGER
AAA Ultimate WebDesign
- Established Project Management Office in web design at client site in ecommerce. Led product development of new services in the region. Responsible for client interaction from project inception to completion, coordination of personnel and capital resources across multiple projects, and achievement of revenue targets. Recruited, managed, and mentored consulting staff. Managed delivery to ensure customer satisfaction and reference ability. Assisted clients in moving to SEI CMM Level 2 or higher. Heavily involved in Product marketing for 5 years in e-business. Negotiated vendor agreement and estimate market penetration.
- Met professional services revenue and profit quotas while managing regional P&L.
- Provided project turnaround expertise at customer site with emphasis on regaining customer confidence.
- Ensured project completion that resulted in customer confidence and retention.
- Ensure that all investment decisions have an internally consistent, robust financial case supporting them. This will require the identification, review, and challenge of the key forecasting assumptions, including but not limited to understanding and reviewing the model(s) supporting the sales forecast, the sales uptake curves and market share ambitions, the recruitment rates and spending plans on the clinical programs, cost of goods, selling and marketing costs, pricing and launch/expiry dates.
- Provide proactive and innovative financial analysis and scenario modeling to support teams in assessing the value impact of critical project decisions, including clinical trial design, launch strategies, pricing and market access strategies, initial lifecycle management (LCM) opportunities and manufacturing.
MILITARY SUPERVISOR, SUPPLY MANAGER
United States Navy (USN)
- Supervised the accuracy of 50+ aircraft logbooks and initiated maintenance action work request. Trained juniors in how our systems work, filing, initiating actions, reporting, and entering data. Maintained detailed logs detailing the activities of numerous missions completed on a daily basis.
- Administrative Assistant – Organized the appearance of materials and tools in our work area. Received and recorded messages for my Manager.
- Human Resource Counselor Assistant – Assisted in office administration duties, maintaining accountability for incoming and outgoing members. Up keeping of records for my managers, filing, and basic office duties. Multi-task fast paced environment, which I adapted to with no problem and show effective communication skills, both written and verbal. Computer literate in all industry standards.
- Supply Management – Accountable for maintaining inventory and ordering supplies, taught team members routine maintenance procedures and demonstrated record of high- performance standards, including attention to schedules, deadlines, budgets and quality work. Skilled at operating inventory control software. Worked with over one thousand personnel.
- Finance Management – Manage budget to the range of $63 Million on various projects and product development.
Companies Worked For
I've been fortunate to work with and for people from some amazing organizations.
Managed and worked with some amazing teams from these various organizations.
I've worked in the digital and physical sectors alike. I've worked with Startups too.
Project completed and delivered on worldwide and have worked internationally as well.
*Nicky Iles’s Journey
“I am an exceptionally talented & well rounded business executive. I bring to our companies my infectious enthusiasm and problem solving creativity to everything I work on. I keep a positive outlook on the posibilities and find a way to make them the reality.”